Frequently Asked Questions

General FAQ’s

Q: Where are you located?
A: Gretna, Louisiana – View Google Map

Q: What are your hours of operation?
A: Our office hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Friday. We are closed from 12:00 to 1:00 for lunch every day. However, communication with our insureds is crucial and all of our Producers are available by either phone or email anytime. Please view our contact page for Producer contact information. If you would like to request a certificate of insurance, Auto ID card or report a claim, please click here.

Q: What does an independent Insurance Agency Do?
A: We work for our customers, not for an insurance company. We assist with the transfer of risk in many different forms; however, the most common is through the purchase of an insurance policy. As an independent agent, we work with the insured to evaluate exposures and provide specific insurance solutions from multiple insurance carriers.

Life FAQ’s

Q. How much life insurance should I carry on myself?
A. Your income can be considered your family's most valuable asset because it allows you to obtain the necessities of life. Some day, you may not be here to provide that income, yet the need for income may continue for those who are financially dependent upon you. Your need for life insurance and the amount required will depend on your personal and financial circumstances. If any of the following statements apply to you, you probably do need to consider life insurance: You have a spouse; You have dependent children; You have an aging parent or disabled relative who depends on you for support; Your retirement pension and savings are not enough to insure your spouse's future against the rising cost of living; You have a sizable estate; You own a business.

Q. Is it possible to change my life insurance policy if I already have one?
A. You can replace your current policy, however, there are several issues to consider when determining to change coverage. New policies typically have high costs the first few years. If you want to increase your total life insurance, it may be wiser to keep your old policy and simply add a new one, or increase your specified face amount under the same life insurance policy. Your existing policy premiums will generally be less than those for a new policy, because you bought it when you were younger and you won't lose any existing cash value. A new policy will contain a contestable clause, which will permit the insurance company the option to contest any material misrepresentation. (The two year period on your current policy's contestable clause may have expired.)

Auto FAQ’s

Q: If I rent a car or truck, am I protected against loss by my business auto policy?
A: It depends. A business auto policy by itself will not extend protection to rented autos unless you have amended it. You can get protection for situations where you rent autos if you add Hired Auto Liability and Physical Damage coverage.

Q: What happens if I am at fault for a car accident?
A: If you own, lease (long term) or finance your vehicle, then you will file a claim with your insurance company. You will have to pay any deductible amount. Payment for your loss will include payment to the finance or leasing company, if any. If you cause damage to other vehicles or property, your insurance company will handle that with little or no involvement on your part, in most cases.

Q: Will filing a claim make my premium increase or result in my policy being cancelled?
A: Generally, the answer is no. One claim is not a cause for concern on the part of insurance companies. But a pattern of claims may result in a premium increase or cancellation. So if you have a claim that is the third in three years, for example, that will be viewed differently than having one claim only. Individual claims that are suggestive of gross negligence can also result in significant premium increase or cancellation. An example might be an auto accident accompanied by a reckless driving or driving under the influence conviction.

Q: Will my automobile policy protect a friend or relative if I loan my vehicle to them?
A: Your automobile policy protection is extended to anyone you grant permission to drive your car. You do not need to explicitly provide permission, the other person only needs to have a reasonable belief that they are driving with permission.

Homeowner's FAQ's

Q: Do I need a condominium policy if my condo association has a master policy for the complex?
A: The association master policy is for coverage to the structure, which you don't need. However, to get protection for your own possessions and for legal liability related to your own unit, you need your own policy. Many condominium associations will assess unit owners for master policy deductibles. That's another reason why it is important to have your own policy and why it is important that the coverage in your policy match up well with the association master policy.

Q: Are natural disasters such as flood , earthquakes and hurricanes covered under my homeowner policy?
A: Many natural disasters, such as hurricanes or tornadoes, are covered in a homeowner policy. Others, like earthquake and flood are not. Let us know if you have any concerns about your protection from loss due to natural or even man-made disasters; we'll be happy to review your insurance program and let you know what, if any, changes you might want to consider.

Q: Will my roomate's renters policy cover me as well?
A: Typical policies provide coverage for you and relatives that live with you. So, if your roommate is not a relative, you will not be protected under his or her policy. Renters polices are very affordable, starting around $150 a year and they provide liability protection as well as coverage for your personal possessions.

Q: Who decides how much my property is worth?
A: The common methods of valuing property at the time of a loss are:
Actual Cash Value—The replacement cost of the item minus depreciation. For example, a new television set may cost $500. If your 4–year–old TV set gets damaged in a fire, it might have depreciated 50 percent. Therefore, you would be paid $250 for that set. Replacement Coverage—The cost of replacing an item without deducting for depreciation. So today's cost for a TV set with features similar to the 4–year–old one damaged by fire would determine the amount of compensation. If it still costs $500 today, that would be the replacement coverage.

Q: What about floods, earthquakes and other catastrophes? Are they covered by my homeowners insurance?
A: Most catastrophes are covered; for example, wind damage from hurricanes and tornadoes come under the windstorm peril listed in the previous question and so are included. Flood and earthquake damage, however, are not covered by a standard policy.

Workers Compensation FAQ's

Q: What is Workers Compensation insurance?
A: Workers Compensation insurance covers medical and rehabilitation costs for an employee who is injured while at work. This will also cover lost wages while the employee is out of work.

Q: What is Employers Liability Insurance?
A: Employers Liability Insurance is part of a Workers Compensation policy. In some types of accidents or injuries, employees can sue their employer for damages. This coverage is used to cover the business against the injured employee.

Boat FAQ's

Q: Is my boat insured if I have an auto or homeowners policy?
A:If you have a homeowners policy, your boat might be covered, but there are limitations. Automobile policies do not extend coverage to boats. Boat coverage can sometimes be increased by modifying a homeowner policy, but a separate boat policy may be needed.

Q: Am I required to have bodily injury/property damage coverage on my policy?
A: Yes. Even if state law doesn't require it, bodily injury/property damage coverage comes standard with every policy. It covers your legal liability due to an accident, including the cost to replace or repair damaged property, and the medical bills and lost wages of persons injured in the accident.

Q: Are injuries caused by water sports covered by my boat insurance policy?
A: If you purchase medical payments coverage, injuries resulting from waterskiing, knee boarding, tubing and wakeboarding are covered. Parasailing, hang gliding, kite skiing, and other airborne activities are considered too risky, so they're not covered by your boat insurance policy.